Eligibility for 3rd Dose:
Some Individuals are now eligible for a third dose of a Covid-19 vaccine.
If you meet any of the criteria below, please contact our clinic at 204-886-2131.
Third dose booster shots are generally recommended at least 6 months after a second dose, unless specified below. Individuals who are age 12 and over should consider a third dose of the vaccine if they:
- Are First Nations people living on reserve.
- Have only received a viral vector vaccine, such as 2 doses of AstraZeneca or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine.
- Are health care personnel who have direct contact with patients, residents or clients.
- Are moderately or severely immuno-compromised due to a medical condition and/or treatment (at least 28 days after second dose)
- Live in a personal care home.
- Live in congregate elderly persons housing.
- Live or work in First Nation personal care home.
- Need a third dose to be able to travel (often applicable to individuals with a mixed dose vaccine series)
- Received a vaccine not approved by Health Canada, likely overseas in another country (at least 28 days after second dose)